Ringing the Bull
Ringing the Bull - Hook & Ring Game
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
- Traditional English pub game dating back to the Middle Ages
- Simple hook and ring game - swing the string and ring the bull to win
- Oak faced board with bull face and brass hook and ring
- String and wall fixing included - assembly required
- Suitable for pubs and home use
- Made in Britain
- Language of Rules/Instructions: English
Masters Games is proud to bring you what we believe is the first and only commercially available version of Ringing the Bull ever produced.
Ringing the Bull, a traditional game which probably goes back to the middle ages, can still be found in the occasional pub right across England. A version of it is also played around the Caribbean where it is known as 'Bimini Ring'. Originally, the game was played with a real bull's head for a target - our version is slightly less realistic but is still a highly diverting pastime.
The idea couldn't be simpler - you swing a ring on a string across the room at a hook embedded in the wall. It's harder than it looks but practice makes perfect and the ring makes a decidedly satisfying 'clunk' when you manage to hit the target. Players take turns and the person with the most 'ringers' wins - or maybe the person with the least buys the drinks...
For pubs, it's a good talking point and locals can take the game quite seriously - you could organise the occasional competition. For people at home, it is a superb ice-breaker at parties and no-one can walk past without having a quick swing.
Our new improved version of the game looks great and is the solid, well-made product that you would expect from Masters Traditional Games.
- Oak faced
- Solid brass ring
- Brass plated hook
- Comes with Rules, string, a revolving clip fitting for the ceiling and 2 screws to fit the board.
- String and ring clip onto ceiling so can be removed when not in use.
IMPORTANT: The target wall needs around twelve feet of clear space in front of it; the ceiling needs to be around eight or nine feet high although a support could be hung from higher ceilings.
You will need to fix 2 screws to the wall and an eyelet into the ceiling.
Please check the diagram to see how the game should be set up.
28 x 36cm